Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Here we go!

Hello friends and strangers,
This summer is gearing up to be a good one for Chicago Street Festivals. My goal? To attend at least one of these festivals every weekend and give you the scoop. I'd also love it if you came with me! I'm starting this weekend and hope to attend a festival every weekend there is one available (and I am in town) until Mid- October. I'll also be including fairs in the surrounding suburbs and annuals like the Bristol Renaissance Faire.
The reason? Well, I love Chicago. And I love music. And food. And new and exciting cultures. And buying handmade things. And beer. Especially beer. Also, this happens to be my last summer to have fun before I go back to school and my social life effectively ends.
So here we go! I'll be using the train, my feet, my bike, and my scooter to get around to festivals. I will be trying as many new foods as possible and learning about new cultures. I may not hit all the "classic" fests (ahem, Taste of Chicago!) but you can be sure that Armenian days are on the list.


I'll be kicking off with the experiment with the Chicago Antiques Market at Randolph and the Belmont- Sheffield Music Festival this weekend (May 29-31).

Next week you'll find me at Mayfest, the Division St. Festival, and June Jam.

Hope to see you there!

Cheryl

No comments:

Post a Comment